[at-l] A Job on the trail

The ATC asked me to let interested parties know abou this job opening.  I
won't post the whole thing.  If you are interested in more info, let me
know privately, and I'll send you the entire document (about a page).

We could use a good person in this job, there's lots to do and a good group
of people to do it with.  While not the most "stylish" portion of the
Trail, it has some very beautiful spots, and is in need of careful
management.  Don't be put off by workng for the AMC, we're not the White
Mountains out here.

Here's the first paragraph of the job posting, feel free to e-mail me for
more info.  Or go directly to:
Director of Trails
Appalachian Mountain Club
5 Joy Street
Boston, MA 02108
Email: csyrbe@amcinfo.org
Fax:  617.523.0722

Thanks for listening,

Cosmo

Job description:
Regional Trails Coordinator, Lanesboro, MA

The Regional Trails Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and
developing the regional trails programs by working in conjunction with
AMC's Berkshire Chapter AT committee, the Connecticut Chapter Trails
Committee and the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Management
(DEM). The Trails Coordinator oversees both the MA and CT Appalachian Trail
Ridgerunner program and the Berkshire Volunteer Trail Crew program.
Working closely with club-wide trails staff and local volunteers, the
Trails Coordinator advises and formulates goals and objectives for AMCís
regional trails efforts.  The Trails Coordinator is expected to become
familiar with both traditional and contemporary trail maintenance and
construction methods, to serve as a trail resource for local organizations,
and to represent the AMC within the regional trail community. This position
reports to the Director of Trails.  It is a full-time regular position
based at the Mount Greylock Visitor Center in the Berkshires of western
Massachusetts.  We offer a salary commensurate with experience and an
excellent benefits package.