[at-l] My dorky little survey

Thanks a bunch to those of you who took my survey!

For those of you who missed it, this survey is directed towards future thru-hikers. I was thinking we could see how everyone feels about the trail and their trip now, and then when we come back from our hike, we'll take the survey again, and have fun checking out the statistics.

So, if you are a FUTURE thru-hiker, (or just DYING to take the survey anyway), go to:
http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey-intro.zgi?ID=SV2VY2X5J7Q2
For those interested in the results so far, try going to:
http://www.zoomerang.com/reports/survey-reports.zgi?ID=VPK920FPQ85N

In case that doesn't work, I will post some of the more interesting results:

Out of a HUGE sample of nine of us,

67% of us are hiking in 2000
22% in 2001
11% in 2002
and one person in "2005 or 2006"

78% of us are going northbound
11% are southbound
11% are yo-yo (WOW! That's a ton!! What an accurate survey this is so far!!)

14% of us are over 60 years old
29% are 50-59 years old
43% are 40-49 years old
and 14% are 20-29 year old. (Nice to know that I, personally, make up 14% of the population!! HA!)

67% of us are starting at Springer
11% are starting at Katahdin
11% are starting at Harper's Ferry
and one person (a.k.a 11%) is starting at Roan Mtn.

100% of the people surveyed are going alone
while 11% are also(?) going with friends

78% of us are using maildrops
22% are not

67% of us will be at Trail Days, while
33% will not

38% thinks the trip will cost between $2,501 - $3,000
13% says under $500
13% says $1,001 - $1,500
13% says $1,501 - $2,000
13% says $3,001 - $4,000
and
13% says $4,001 - $5,000

As for preparation,
22% are ready to walk out the door tomorrow
33% have most of their gear and plans ready
33% knows what gear they want, and about when they'll start
and 11% knows that they're going, but that's about it.

22% want to "hike their own hike"
33% are going as traditionalists or purists
22% have no hiking "philosophy"
one person is going as a "minimalist / survivalist"
and one person is going to "Put one foot in front of the other, over and over. "

Well, that's a sampling of the results. I will post results again when more people respond. (probably after New Year's).

Kristen