[at-l] SNP section hike

I'm planning a short section hike in Shenandoah National Park starting on
Monday 12/27.  My plan is to pick up where I left off last (Swift Run
Gap/Hwy. 33) and go south as far as I can get and still have time to get
home to Boston before New Years Eve. It looks like the most logical point
for me to finish is Rockfish Gap/Waynesboro.
Questions:
1.  Are the water sources listed in the guidebook running?
2.  Is it safe to leave my truck parked at Swift Run Gap?  I seem to
remember a pretty good size lot there.
3.  Anybody know of shuttles or bus service that could get me back to my
truck on Weds or Thurs?  Or is a hitch up Hwy. 340 viable?

Thanks in advance,
Big Blue Frog