Re: [at-l] non hiking post/ the real meaning of Christmas

Regarding the recent unkind posting, I concur with the sentiment expressed
below.

<< Hey, Tim, no matter the facts, this one was over the line. >>

I've noticed that some of our "meanness" on this list sort of creeps up on us
unexpectedly.

The analogy that comes to mind is that we're cruisin' along safely in the
slow lane.  As posts and responses are generated, we pick up some speed.  At
a certain point down the road, we suddenly notice that we're careening out of
control at a speed well over the limit and the momentum just keeps building.
Someone's gonna get hurt.

IMO, this one went from 0 to 80 in about 4 seconds -- way over the limit and
*deliberately reckless* to boot.  (<-- now it's hiking related.)

Trailmixup