RE: [at-l] Year End Survey (really registers)

I have to ask about this - and not only because I have written some strange
things too.

Any ethical questions of doing this aside - isn't there a pretty clear
violation of copyright here?  I had the same thought the first time I read
Lynn Setzer's book (she claims in the intro to have used registers
iberally  - isn't Lynn out there on this list somewhere?)

When I write a register entry, doesn't it pretty clearly fit all of the
criteria for my entry being its own copyrighted work?  It's original,
creative, fixed in a tangible medium and all that silly jazz.  There's
nothing particular to using a register that would have me give up my rights
to that any more than I am right now with this email.

This isn't to imply that I think that anyone's been malicious in any of
those cases - or that I'd have any problems with someone using one of my
entries - but it does seem to me that eventually someone will use the
material of someone who wants to make a stink about it.

Any comments?

	tom