[at-l] Re: at-l-digest V1 #1415

In a message dated 12/19/99 6:05:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-at-l-digest@majordomo.hack.net writes:

<< Wal Mart sells one that is only 7 1/2 ounces! I loved it and will
 >use it again. KC

 Yeah but what about walking through wet undergrowth? Don't you just end up
 soaked from the wet leaves brushing against you? An umbrella only works
 against rain as it falls.

I use an umbrella also and tried using a superlight one that I picked up at a
supermarket.  The problem is that the darn thing kept getting blown inside
out and became a real pain in the neck.  I picked up one of the umbrellas
from GoLite (www.GoLite.com) and think that it is great.  You can see and
hear (when in opens) the structural benefits that it has.  I really recommend
it although it will cost more than the normal ones.

As far as protection is concerned, the water on the legs does not bother me
since I am usually putting out a significant amount of heat when walking and
carry Frogg TOggs for those really nasty times.  There are some great long
johnish shell type pants on sale at www.gear.com that weigh in under 7
ounces.  While they are only water resistant, that should do the trick for
the AT work that I do

Happy Holidays,
Kevin