[at-l] maine blues

"Dueling" posts between Sloetoe and I.... 'with permission'...

>>If any of this connected with you, let me know, OK?

>>Have a really odd day,
>>Sloetoe

>>> <hudsom@us.ibm.com> 12/17/99 11:22AM >>>
Wow, the memories... sometimes it's easy to forget that you're not the only
one. People ask me what the hardest part of the trail is, and I ask if they
mean physically or mentally, because there's two different trips going on
and if you're lucky the hard parts aren't at the same time. The physical
hard part was the Whites and Mahoosics (people think the Whites are only in
NH, uh-huh - they keep going north). I was a wreck coming out of there, no
hurricane either. But I never thought of it as the Maine Blues, just not in
my interpratation. I was hanging in that place where your body is saying
"Dear God, just let it end" and your brain keeps saying "Go, Go...." Kinda
nice to see I wasn't alone.

Skeeter

a) this is a great post, and needs to go to the list.
b) no, for me, my heart kept saying "God, I love this!" and my head was
saying "Will this AT thing never end???"

Sorry so brief. Post your notie to the listie!!

>>> <hudsom@us.ibm.com> 12/17/99 11:22AM >>>
Wow, the memories... sometimes it's easy to forget that you're not the only
one. People ask me what the hardest part of the trail is, and I ask if they
mean physically or mentally, because there's two different trips going on
and if you're lucky the hard parts aren't at the same time. The physical
hard part was the Whites and Mahoosics (people think the Whites are only in
NH, uh-huh - they keep going north). I was a wreck coming out of there, no
hurricane either. But I never thought of it as the Maine Blues, just not in
my interpratation. I was hanging in that place where your body is saying
"Dear God, just let it end" and your brain keeps saying "Go, Go...." Kinda
nice to see I wasn't alone.

Skeeter

So, Sloetoe, tell us about ye old hurricane... must be a story in there <g>