Re: [at-l] A Lateral Thought

At 11:56 PM 12/15/99 -0500, John Musick wrote:
>> I guess I would be considered a "section" hiker now,,,was suppose to
>through
>> hike BUT I got injured! Did 800 miles and it changed my life dramatically.
>> left my lover of 13 years. My hiking partner left her lover of 10 years.
>We
>> now live together and are very much in love! It has changed both of our
>> lives for ever! KC

Unlike what Jack said, I'm not too much worried about the "salacious" ascpects of this, but I am curious if both you and Amazon just up and quit your previous relationships to focus mainly on the trail.  That's how it comes across, but it doesn't quite ring true.

I'm guessing it's more like the relationships came apart by themselves and the trail then came to the forefront as a decent diversion.  If I didn't have kids to worry about, I might well have taken that approach following my own breakup...