Re: [at-l] Alcohol vs. Whisperlite

In a message dated 12/14/99 9:54:50 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
phil.heffington@oc.edu writes:

<<  Pumped it up, attached the stove mechanism and primed it
 (using more fuel than needed, since I am out of practice).  Set the pot on
 and cranked it up when I felt it was primed (which resulted in the usual
 blackened pot from setting it on before the priming is done). ......

  Spent about 5 minutes washing my pot in the sink to get all the ashy junk
off. >>

Has anyone mentioned that you put your pot on the Whisperlite after you get a
prime?  You get no soot on your pot and saves all that cleaning!

Sly