Re: [at-l] felix and mellencamping

In a message dated 12/13/99 3:50:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KarenS62@aol.com writes:

> Felix made arrangements for Solar Bear and I to attend the
>  Mellancamp concert.

Is that where I was last night?!?  Well, at least that explains the dreams I
had about Mrs. Mellencamp.  That is one fine looking specimyn of femynynyty,
though without hiker babe credentials she is somewhat lacking in the
babeosity department.  Gimme a sweaty female 2000 miler any day!

How close was I to said Mrs. Mellencamp?  Well, let's just say that it was
close enough for Security to be eyeing me nervously.  Thankfully, hiker babes
-- other than War Eagle -- are less well guarded!  :)

POG's email -- if believed -- would lead the gullible reader to the perhaps
hasty conclusion that:

1)  Felix exists
2)  That perhaps he has some acquaintance with Mr. Mellencamp
3)  Maybe even removes a stray dandelion or two from the Mellencamp estate
3)  And that he has the connections to obtain tickets and backstage passes
for his hiker buddies.

While we would all like to think such notions could be true, let me remind
you all that it is Christmas time and that we willingly suspend our
skepticism in certain other matters.  The question before us is "Should we do
so in light of the Sousa post?"  The issues to be considered in arriving at
an intelligent answer are

1)   This Felix character says such weird things!  How can I believe anything
he says?
2)   This anchovy reference in the Sousa post seems worthy of further
exploration.  Perhaps a bribe to induce Ms. Sousa to mislead the list?
Hmmmm.....
3)    The tix awaiting Ms. Sousa bore the initials RD instead of the expected
FM.
4)    Most damning of all, the Indianans next to us who also got
complimentary tix from the Mellencamp camp (now camping related) have never
heard of Felix McGillicutty.

So there you have it.  I like to think that the initials RD were a secret
message from Mrs. Mellencamp instructing me to "rub diligently"  Or perhaps
they were left for me by my idol Rodney Dangerfield.  I guess the final act
in this little bit of holiday mischief will be for Felix and POG to come
clean over all this Mellencamp business.  We listers just won't be mislead!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

"The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."  Still looking,
but I'm not finding any blazes.  :)