[ALDHA-L] Re: [at-l] National Dance Institute responds...

>Uh-ohhhh. Leslie, you're not the only one to say something like this in the
last few months, but I'd hate to think that ANYONE would operate under the
misapprehension that paying ATC dues entitles anyone to something beyond
receiving the Appalachian Trailway News, buying certain videos and books at
a discount, and voting at biennial elections. ATC dues-paying does NOT
entitle you to hike the trail, no more than being a throughhiker entitles
you to leanto space, or [insert favorite social myth].

>Sloetoe
>(pure as the driven snow)

>Why are we picking on this guy? <snip>
>Presumably (yes, I know that this is a BIG assumption), the man is a member
of the ATC and has paid his annual dues.  Has everybody else on the list
paid their annual dues to the ATC?  I think not. <snip>  Leslie