Re: [ALDHA-L] Re: [at-l] National Dance Institute responds...

Not to attempt to change minds or to impose reason on a controversy, but I
would like to weigh in on this.

I think that we are being just a little bit silly in questioning the
motives and ethics of a hiker who happens to be fund raising for a cause,
regardless if the cause has anything to do with our sport. If we let this
train of thought continue to run unchecked, we will malign this man. We
have done the same to Bill Bryson, and come out as sanctimonious as others
we scoff about.

Hell, this is an old coot who can dance a bunch better than most young
coots. He has taken a leisurely hike, and has gone out of his way to send
trail magic into townspeople, as well as to fellow hikers. He delighted my
pneumonia stricken mother, enough to get her out of bed and to tell me to
see the segment. He ain't all bad, even if he ain't all good.

Then again, don't we all have that in common?

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA