[at-l] water filters revisted

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a water filter question.  I have a PUR
Hiker & plan to bring it with me to Jamaica (for those of you who missed
that installment, I'm going to Jamaica in Dec/Jan), but I'm wondering if
its enough?  We're doing two hikes and one MTB -- all short day trips that
don't require me to filter water, however -- so I'm really just bringing it
to be safe.  Is there stuff in the water down there that my PUR won't take
out?  Do you think I should bring iodine, instead?  Maybe filter & iodine?

Thanks -
Pooh