Re: Re: [at-l] lighters

At 01:27 PM 12/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
>  Does the DJEEP have a different
>mechanism then the typical spinning wheel type?

Nope, but it seems that they are finer tuned to the point that they light
on the first spin.  I shouldn't have really said anything since I have
never used bics.
I became a fan of DJEEPs the day I found mine in the washer (gotta check those
pockets) .  I figured it was shot, but gave it a spin and it worked the
first time.
Now this was a load of hiking clothes so it had probably been through a pre
soak
and at least one wash cycle.  I never tried a repeat experiment and the quality
of the lighters may have gone down.  But I just bought a half dozen in neon
pink
and orange.  I do like that they are adjustable.  and the child safety
device is
easy to use.  With any lighter, try it before you buy it.  Sometimes the
wheel is
defective to start with.  I found them on a counter card at a smoker's shop.  I
have never had one fail of course I probably loose it before that happens.

Oooops...I just told a lie.  I do have a bic.  It's one of the tiny half
sized ones
that I keep tucked in first aid as back up.  I consider it's size
problematic for
cold fingers so I really prefer an larger lighter despite the extra weight
0.25oz???

Tucking it "someplace" warm really for a few minutes really makes any lighter
work better.  It just preheats the fluid allowing it to vaporize better..I
guess.