[at-l] Barefoot AT Hikers

Hello hikers,

I am new here, but have a curiosity question:

Two years ago, a group of Barefoot Hikers, myself included, did a weeklong
backpacking trip on the AT from the PA border to Harpers Ferry, WV.  We did
the entire week barefoot.

The reaction to our bare feet from most of the other hikers we encountered
was shock.  However, we also heard stories from numerous hikers about other
barefooters on the trail, including at least two hikers who had done the
entire length of the trail without shoes.

I am very curious about this subject and would like to hear any stories of
barefooting on the Trail...either first-hand or second-hand.

Barefoot Chris
Barefoot Hikers of PA-NJ-DE-MD
http://members.aol.com/CAR525/BFHPA2.html