Re: [at-l] Boots, Shoes, and othermobiles

Custom boots do not necessarily ensure that the boot will be right for you
even if the size is right.  Limmer, for example, uses no padding whatsoever
in the soles of their boots.  They measure the big foot only and make both
boots to those measurements.  They have only one custom boot design.  I
visited one other custom boot manufacturer and while he uses a more standard
insole, and measures both feet (and charges nearly twice as much as Limmer,
too), all of his boots are still designed the same way.  Not all boot
designs will be appropriate for all feet.

As far as I can remember, they both just fit the shape of your foot.
Neither takes into account the individual's pronation or supination, or
other individual characteristics about the way you move.  These also affect
whether or not even a custom boot will work for you.

That being said, a custom boot that at least fits properly is likely to be
more comfortable than just about any boot which just does not fit.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99