[at-l] Sly goes high tech!

I just picked up this pocketmail thing (Sharp TM-20) that allows you to send
and receive email from (almost) any phone in the world using an 800 number
for less than ten dollars a month.  a couple of hikers on the PCT had them
this year and Mr. Boo (maybe John O) on the AT.

I think it's a neat way to stay in touch with family and friends especially
during a long hike (one phone call during resupply) and let them know of my
progress and any other interesting phenomena on the Trail.

It's cool and I was able to get it through the Internet for less than half
price (50 bucks plus shipping).  The pocketmail service is ten dollars a
month which is cheaper than multiple phone calls from the trail for the most
part.

Who knows, I could maybe put up a very up to date mini-journal here on the
list, let you all know the dirt on the trail via guest posts.  What do you
think?  ;)

The still not cellphone worthy,  Sly