Re: [at-l] I'm on THE List

I can also pass along some lessons about Limmers, courtesy of the Kentucky
Derby's of '97.  They both started with Limmers, but traded them in at
Troutville for much lighter boots.  After that, they increased their pace,
and were able to almost double their daily mileage.  Less weight on your
feet is like lessening your packweight.

At the risk of 'trolling,' I wonder why most hikers don't take this a step
farther and stop wearing boots altogether.  Running shoes are much
lighter, more comfortable, and have more cushioning.  The only reason I
can think of for wearing boots is the ankle support, but high top sneakers
would probably take care of most of the ankle problems.

Maybe we need some company to start manufacturing extrememly lightweight
high top running shoes with hard toes (for those Pennsylvania and New
Jersey rocks).
				Ryan