Re: [at-l] Handy Thru-hike Calculator

Neatly done!

And pretty interesting.  A day off makes the hiker one day later reaching
Katahdin.  But average .2 of a mile more per day and get there about THREE
days earlier.  Did I work that right?  Go the extra mile every day and pick
up a couple of weeks?  Lots can be read into that, like "don't worry; it's
not that hard to pick up lost time -- rest, play, get off and take care of
business if you need to."  Another thing that comes to mind is the value of
going beyond the logical shelter some of the time.  Joining other hikers for
dinner, but hiking out a bit before camping for the night.  Cuts down on
sleeping with mice, snoring, crowding... and takes a nice tuck in the
calendar.

Thanks!

Just Playin' Jane