Re: [at-l] Spiriteagle WAAAHOOOOO!

At 12:25 AM 12/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 11/30/99 7:27:12 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
>kahley7@ptd.net writes:
>
><< And after a quickie trip into Palomus and a couple beers at
>  The Pink Lady bar, they returned to Columbus and await their
>  ride back to the real world. >>
>
>Like they want to do that.  I don't know, but you don't go back to the real
>world after a thru-hike.

No kidding......I didn't say they were happy about it.  In addition to the
anti climatic end of the Trail, we basically have two people who's spirit
is willing and wanting to just keep on hiking but who's bodies are too
torn up to do it anymore right now.  So it's time to figure out "What do I
do with
the rest of my life?"  To me, it doesn't get more real than that.............