[at-l] handicapped accessible

Seems there is a new trail under construction in Connecticut.It will be handicpped accessible and will encompass a portion of the AT, the Northeast Utilities Nature Trail & an old race track oval. It will be 1.1 miles long and cost about 42,500. It is a joint venture between the ATC & AMC with the money coming from pledges & donations. Completion will be end of summer 2000. I think this is a good thing on it's own merit. However given the upgrades the AMC had to make to comply with  the ADA on a project in the Whites I cant help but wonder how this will affect our trails 15 or twenty years from now. Good or bad??

Garry
---

the bluestreak
New Hampshire