Re: [at-l] To tree or not to tree

In our area they have a "chipping of the green" day sometime after the
first of the year.  You take your live(non burlap) to the local
highschool.  It is run through one of those big chopper things and you
are given a big sack of wood chips for your flower garden.  Or I have
seen where a local bass club will take them and bury them in lakes to use
for breeding grounds for bass.

After we remove our tree from the house, my children like to string fresh
popcorn and put on the tree for the birds.  Then later in the spring, I
generally cut the tree up for firewood.

In these ways the trees are not totally wasted.
Plodder