Re: [at-l] To tree or not to tree

In a message dated 11/28/99 8:27:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Buckspring@aol.com writes:

> If by purchasing a farm grown Christmas tree, I am helping to enable a
family

>  to retain their land and keep it from being subdivided into lots for
> vacation
>  homes, or worse, then I think it is a bit more than symbolic.

Yes, and by having that extra beer each night, think of all the hops and
barley acreage kept in production that otherwise would be lost to
development.  Drink up, hikers!  Might as well start chain-smoking too, else
those tobacco farmers might have to sell out.

As a nonsmoking teetotaler and former artificial tree user, I guess all those
Walmarts are my fault!  Just how do I sleep at night with all that on my
conscience?  :)

Happy trails,

Solar Bear