Re: [at-l] To tree or not to tree

In general, the trees you buy cut are as natural as the lettuce you buy at
the grocers. They come from tree farms and provide a fair living to those
farmers. I would have some problems about cutting trees from someone's
property, instead.

Artificial trees are just that. There is less fire danger, and fewer folks
report allergies to them. Once you buy one, you have a tree for many years.

A plan C is to buy a tree with burlap bagged root ball. You can replant and
watch the tree grow. Many localities will take the trees and use them for
parks. You have to be even more careful about watering and deciding when to
bring the tree into the house, as they use even more water and are more
temperature sensitive.

I like plan C, but will do the "real tree" again this year.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA