Re: [at-l] MSR Miniworks

I used one on the first couple of days of my 1997 Long Trail hike, then I
sold it on the trail to my hiking partner :-), wasn't gonna just give it
away, it was brand new.  This way I made some money and lightened my pack by
a couple of pounds. It needs cleaning after every use or you'll find it
extremely difficult to pump, at least I did.  The ceramic filter remains wet
and heavy.   It is convenient to screw the base of the filter onto a wide
mouth nalgene bottle or nalgene canteen or the MSR dromedary, but a real mess
to filter water into any other size container.

I now own a PUR Voyageur.  Used it in southern California.  IMO, the PUR is a
better filter.  It's easier to use, lighter, easy to dump any remaining water
out of the filter so you're not carrying it on your back, unlike the
constantly damp ceramic filter of the MSR.
cin