[at-l] Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope y'all have a very good day.

Here it is almost Thanksgiving Day. This will be the first thanksgiving
without my Mother. As most of you know she passed away on November 12, two
days after her 77th birthday.

I thought there isn't anything to be thankful for this year.

But I was wrong, there is a lot to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for the 77 years Mother was here.
I'm thankful for the life she and my Dad give to me.
I'm thankful that she went without a lot of pain.
I'm thankful for being able to sit with her on hold her hand during her last
12 hours on Earth.
I'm thankful for being able to tell her during those last hours, that she was
loved by me, my brothers and sister, her grandchildren, great grandchildren
and all those who knew her.
I'm thankful that I was able to take care of her in her time of need (last 6
years).
I'm thankful for a Mother that was always looking out for me. Even when we
where on difference sides of the world.

No children could have asked for a more loving and caring Mother. Life was
not easy for Mother. She worked for the telephone company during World War
Two. She took care of My Dad for over 40 years, he was wounded in World War
Two.

If anyone would like to see this Great Women, Mother and Wife. You can visit
her Memory Page at URL:  http://charcards.hypermart.net/ALHawkins.htm   OR
you can use this link.  <A
HREF="http://charcards.hypermart.net/ALHawkins.htm">~ Alma Louise Headrick
Hawkins ~ CharCards</A>