RE: [at-l] ECDT...

At 12:00 PM 11/20/99 -0600, richard mann wrote:
..clip..
>There most certainly is an Eastern Continental Divide, where waters on one
>side flow east to the Atlantic Ocean, and waters on the other side flow west
>or south to the Mississippi River or Gulf of Mexico.  The ECD runs through:
..clip..
>And the ECD also runs through Florida, West Virginia, New York, Ohio,
>Illinois, and on into Canada...
>
>pittsburgh

And...... One of my favorite spots in the Adirondacks was destroyed by
Floyd (unintended rhyme) and was a part of the ECD. It was Avalanche Pass
where seasonal waterfall came off Mt. Colden into the height of the Pass
and the water which flowed left (as you faced the falls) ended up in the
St. Lawrence watershed but the water flowed right ended up in the Hudson.
Floyd's rains caused several landslides in the area and one obliterated the
falls. A before picture of the waterfall can be seen at
<http://www.northnet.org/jimbullard/landscape.htm> It's the 5th picture on
the page. For the view of what Floyd did to the pass go to
<http://www.northnet.org/jimbullard/avpass.jpg>

Saunterer