Re: [at-l] Handicapp Access

Sloetoe, I hear your arguments and while I think we probibly agree on
many points, you are proving one of mine--your kids (and mine) will have
an experience in the setting we fashion for them conformed to our vision
of what it might have been like at a time gone by or a vision of what we
think it should be.

I am definately for trail maintenance and the environment. I also wish I
could have done a thru-hike years ago when the experience would have
been differnet than doing it today.  That's not to say that a thru-hike
(or a section) today cannot be challenging or enjoyable.

I have been forturnate to see many places on this "rock" at a time when
they were more pristine--including places like Yellowstone Park. There
is an example of Big Brother's attempt at preservation. But that is
another thread.

Turtle
--(an animal that has survived many changes.