[at-l] Handicapp Access

Since Kahley voiced some issues with the recent article I would like to do
something similar.  I was wondering who makes the decision on re - routing
the trail or re grading the trail or whatever it is so that it is suitable
for handicapp access.  I have previously complained (I know Orangebug) that
the trail is being overmaintained by volunteers to the extent it is becoming
less of a wilderness trail and more of a wilderness sidewalk.  If one part
of
the trail can be made accessable then why not a little more then why not the
whole thing?  Where does it stop?  When it is all blacktopped and graded or
somewhere before that?  Isnt part of this experience having to face stiff
climbs and rough terraine and God forbid cross a stream that you cannot spit
across?  Sorry folks, this is not a troll but an honest plea to look at
something from a different perspective and maybe stop the over softization
of
the AT.
If I were handicapped or had a child or friend or relative you bet I would
want to be able to enjoy everything that all others can enjoy.  But does
that
mean that I can?  Maybe only in golf, soccer and now the AT.

And you thought I did not know how to make friends.