[at-l] The Approach Trail

Amazon and I did NOT take the approach trail,,,we got on at the hwy 42 crossing and I am glad we did. It was hard enough leaving my partner for what I thought was going to be 6 months. I wanted to be on the AT,,,I had already hiked parts of the AT and didn't want to "waste" one day taking the approach trail. I am glad that we did what we did,,,my partner and Sherry were able to hike up to the top of Springer (only 1 mile),,,we spent some time up there,,,admiring the view and taking pictures,,talking of the hike. We hiked back down and they (my partner and Sherry) got in the car and drove off. I have never felt so scared,,,I just wanted to go home,,,then! But,,,we hiked on to the first shelter. I'm glad we were on the At. BTW, when we hike the AT next time we will start at Katahdin and hike South! KC