Re: [at-l] Hike the Approach Trail!

The only way to deal with that would be:
  1) Find a driving service to take you from ATL to Springer via FS42, with
a 1 mile stroll to the shelter, and start your walk in the AM;
  2) Find a ride to the State Park and pitch a tent for the night, and
start your walk in the AM on the approach trail;
  3) Make a reservation for the Lynne Foote Inn and walk 4 miles up the
trail to spend the night in a semi hostel situation and very good food. You
would be in a good position to hike out fairly early next day and get to
Three Forks or further.

Of course, we can always find a way to second guess the purity of your
hike, but you should go to another list for that sort of abuse.  ;-)

BTW, the question about the quality of your reasoning. If you haven't
figured out that hiking is a dumb idea (fraught with bad weather, bad food,
bad hair, and terrible hills and views) then I would suggest that you are
totally competent and sane. Good luck!

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA