Re: [at-l] Thanksgiving fantasy

Chocolate writes:

<< For years I have dreamed of doing a section hike around Catawba, VA, the
 week of Thanksgiving >>

What sort of temperatures are you looking at there?  The reason I ask is
because last night with the thermometer hovering just below 20, I took my 5
degree bag, my magnum Thermarest and headed for the back lawn to watch the
meteor shower.  Dressed in long cotton underwear, socks and fleece had, the
bag was warm enough - barely.  The Thermarest wasn't.  Deflating from full to
the point where it was comfortable, my tail bone, the point closest to the
ground, just never warmed up.  Is this usual, or is it the product of my
reduced circulation in that area?  What do the rest of you do in winter
temperatures?  Besides freeze.

<<This year I will be enjoying my niece and nephew instead.>>

As Hannibal Lechter said, " I'm having a friend for dinner."

Oh yeah, I saw two meteors, one from the east, one from the southwest, before
I gave up and came back inside to warm my tail.

Snail Male   (Pete Wells)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece,
but to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out,
shouting "GERONIMO".