Re: [at-l] Thanksgiving fantasy

Pat Villeneuve wrote:

> For years I have dreamed of doing a section hike around Catawba, VA, the
> week of Thanksgiving just so I could hit The Home Place again. (All who
> have been there sigh together...) This year I will be enjoying my niece
> and nephew instead.

Hmmm, nearly sounds like last year's reality. My hiking group (Sundown, Lucky
Luke, the now-heavy-wtih-child Calamity Jane and Eye) was picked up at Hwy 621
(just south of Catawba) by my good buddy Stoat. We were then driven 108 hours
to Washignton DC area for Thanksgiving and two days off. When we got back to
Catawba General Store, Sundown had a 25 lb package that cost $47 to send. He
somehow ended up with five cameras and three cans of Copenhagen. He spent two
days at Niday Shelter going through all that stuff. I didn't see him again
until Thomas Knob. (Footnote: Machu Picchu and Huayna were staying at some B&B
in the Catawba area. Don't remember the name. We stopped to see them and try
to coerce them to come with us. To no avail. They had already paid and used
the whirlpool. It was the last time I saw them :(

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA 98