[at-l] Senior Backpacker Moments

 Three older backpackers were discussing the problems of getting older.  One  said,  "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand, in front of  the refrigerator, and can't remember whether I need to put it away, or  start  making a sandwich."

The second backpacker chimed in, "Yes, sometimes I find myself standing on  the stairs and can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down."

The third one responded, "Well, I'm glad I don't have that problem,
knock-on-wood."  while rapping knuckles on the table and then said, "That  must be the door....I'll get it!"

I've been in all three situations.
Is that ringing in my ears or is it the telephone?
Coosa