Re: [at-l] Re: Plantar Fasciitis

At 04:28 PM 11/17/99 -0500, Thomas McGinnis wrote:
>     Along those lines, I spent about $8.50 for Doctor Scholls inserts
>     (heel/arch jobs) for a bout with Achilles tendonitis this spring.
I don't know about Plantar Fascitis but the 'cure' for Achilles Tendonitis
is proper stretching. I had a bad case while I was still running (6
months). To do the stretch, stand far enough from a wall, heavy piece of
furniture so that when you lean forward against the wall/desk/whatever you
can feel the tendons stretch in the back of your leg while keeping your
feet flat on the floor. KEY ELEMENTS: Neither your feet or what you are
leaning on should be able to slip; You should lean only far enough to feel
the sensation of stretching, NO PAIN; Lean into the stretch, hold for 20
seconds, stand straight for 20 (or more) seconds, then repeat 2 more times.
Do this daily at least until the Achilles stops hurting. If you are
continuing the activity that caused the problem continue the stretching.

Saunterer