[at-l] Approach Trail---

>Those people who regularly went hiking on difficult mountains before they started the AT (like where I hike in the White Mountains) enjoyed the approach trail.<

When you're from the Mississippi Delta, the hightest hills are the levees and the railroad tracks.  Where were we going to find mountains to PRACTICE on, I ask?!  Even here in IN, the elevation where we live, move, and have our being is only 315'.  And, no, I don't feel that we missed anything by not doing the approach trail.  Now, the day we accidentally missed Charlie's Bunyon is another story.   I'll have to go back there one day.

Leslie