[at-l] IAT Thru Hiker Celebration

This is a repost from the Georgia Appalachian Trail Club Server. Someone had
asked about this hike recently.

Subject: Thru Hiker Celebration
Date: Mon, Nov 15, 1999, 9:30 PM

YOU ARE INVITED!
The GATC will host a celebration on Springer Mtn. Saturday, November 20,
1999.  Scott Galloway , "River Otter", will complete a thru hike of the AT
and the IAT that began on June 5, 1999 in Cap Gaspe, Quebec, Canada.  Scott
was part of the dedication ceremony opening the IAT in Forillon National
Park.  You may recall that the GATC participated by permitting Parks Canada
to use the Hiker Figure Logo on Springer Mtn. as a model for a Plaque at Cap
Gaspe.  I was fortunate to represent the GATC at that ceremony.  Scott began
hiking South as a part of the IAT dedication ceremony.
        At 3pm November 20, 1999 the GATC will host a welcoming celebration
for Scott on Springer.  President Eddi Minche will welcome Scott.  Richard
Andersen, President of the IAT Board of Directors, will come down from Maine
to participate.  The USFS and members of the press are expected to be
present.     Eb Eberhart "Nimblewill Nomad" hopes to present to welcome
Scott. Nimblewill Nomad was the second person to hike this entire distance
South to North and plans to hike it North to South also.
        Scott plans to continue his hike on to Key West, FL, to become the
first person to hike the eastern North American continent North to South.
We hope as many of our members as possible will join us to participate in
this historic occasion.