Re: [at-l] Hike the Approach Trail!

Thomas McGinnis wrote:

>  AM I NUTS???)

Obviously. Next time, try to leave out the easy ones  :-)

>      In April, 1980, I started wondering about that lousy old approach
>      trail. Wondered every year until September, 1993, when I finally did
>      Georgia a second time, this time the right way: I did the approach
>      trail.
>      Thus: perfect transition from the rush of Amicalola Falls to the
>      impact of Springer. By the time you get to Springer, you are ready to
>      *truly* start the AT.
>      And btw, the approach trail is nothing you won't see a hundred-fold
>      later, and think nothing about.
>      Do it.

This must be a "Northbounder" thing. When I got to the 'approach' trail, I had over
2,160 miles behind me. I gladly did that .9 miles down the hill to Pittsia's warm
van (It was 8*, for Jerry's sake.) I have no regrets about it.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA 98