Re: Re[4]: [at-l] Veteran's Day Observations

In a message dated 11/16/1999 10:33:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
JoelShiver@aol.com writes:

<<  After I finishe the series,
 I'll go back and read Arundel, agin, a little more slowly.  I fear that I
 sped through it so fast that I missed a lot of the subtleties.>>
 I've read Kenneth Roberts at several differnt times in my life, each time he
seems fresh, and I "see" things in his writings I had not noticed before. I
first read him because he was a local author. ( and his coverless paperbacks
were a only a quarter at Mr B's store in Kennebunk. ) Now I read him because
he's an old friend.
<<  I cannot remember when I have enjoyed an author so much.  These are
incredible
 adventures in stories abolutely compellingly told. >>
Yup. What Joel said.
TJ < just bought a 1947 copy of Lively Lady off eBay