Re: [at-l] Arthritis relief

Abc news reported this evening that a European study ( funded by a
glucosamine maufacturer ) has concluded that glucosamine sulfate helped
alleviate pain in the study of 212 osteo-arthritis patients. Since it
was a placebo study, I guess that means that only 106 patients got the
glucosamine, and the only objective observations that were mentioned
were a more pronounced narrowing of the joint-space in the patients who
didn't get the glucosamine, which, if I understood correctly, means that
the folks who did get the glucosamine had less degeneration of cartilage
than the patients who got the sugar pill. All in all, too small of a
study to mean much until it's repeated on a larger scale with more
objective criteria, but from my experience, glucosamine has helped my
joints, measured by the lessening of pain.

Al