Re: [at-l] It was too too good

At 07:48 PM 11/14/99 -0500, you wrote:
>This is a short report from Estes Park, Colorado, home of the 1999 tutu Ruck
>of the Rockies.  (We who live in this vicinity agreed that we need such a
>meeting occasionally because it is such a bummer to have to listen to you
>guys east of I-25 talk about getting to here, meeting there, etc.--inviting
>us, of course--but with us too, too far away.)

You know......there is nothing to say that you couldn't have your own Ruck!
That was the original idea ....that hikers gather all over the country to teach
and learn and share.  The Pa Ruck has just grown   ...  nothing to say that
there couldn't be a CA Ruck and a CO Ruck for folks that aren't able to
join us in PA!  Hey....maybe we could keep in e-contact and have a cyber
Ruck!!  Anyone coming with a laptop and a c-phone thingie? <g>

>Kona Ironman like a perfect couch potato with
>a hurt foot would.

I caught the tail end of that and heard one of the athletes say something
There is no ego out there.  You don't look good, you don't feel especially
good. You are stripped down to the essential you.   But you are out there
doing what you want to do.

sound familiar? <g>