[at-l] New Water Purfication Pages

"Water, water everywhere and not a drip to drink."  This tome is frequently
echoed by survivors on rafts in the middle of a salty ocean.

What if you're standing next to gushing mountain spring and you're favorite
filter breaks? Well, fortunately the water located along our trails isn't
likely to kill you.

Still the issue of pure water weights heavy on the mind of many backcountry
travelers. What can hurt me out there and what can I do about it? Should I
use filter or chemical purification? What's the best filter? How does my
filter rate? If I'm sick along the trail, what are my best options?

These questions and more swirl around our minds in preparation for our
backcountry adventure.

A new set of webpages is now online to help sort out the facts from fictions
in water purification. I've put together a series of 9 articles on water
purification on the PCTA website - http://www.pcta.org/plan/water.shtml.
They cover all aspects of water purification in the backcountry from
detailed info in the different bugs you're likely to encounter to a complete
comparison of the different purification products available. If that's not
enough, there are lots of links to other purification articles on the web.

Hopefully, you'll find something there to help answer your questions on
water purification.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak