Re: [at-l] Trail Expansion

Have you checked into the archives at TP? At least one of this list was
excommunicated for suggesting that the I-AT was a tempest in a teapot.

The AT is the AT. Any expansions will be Blue Blazed or new trail that
connects with the AT. No one's hike will be less or more, just because
there are new trails that connect to further mountains and rivers. I expect
the AT will change. I haven't heard anyone suggesting that the loss of Mt
Oglethorpe makes current hikers less credible. If Mt Katahdin ceases to be
the Northern terminus, the world and the sport will survive.

Heck, the expansion into Canada gives us the chance to spread cheese fries
to the masses.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA