[at-l] Kristen's Krazy Story

Ok, so get this...

Over the summer I placed an ad in the ATC looking for a hiking partner. Someone from Boulder wrote to me saying that they did a thru-hike in '97, and would be willing to answer any questions I might have. This woman's name is "Broken Arrow". So, after writing back and forth for the last month, she said that she would like to show me her slides from her trip. I was really excited about this. We'd been planning for the last week for her to come over, and I'd make dinner.

SO, on Tuesday night she brought over all of her slides and scrapbooks from the AT. She rapped on the door, and as I opened it, my jaw hit the ground. "Broken Arrow" just HAPPENED to be the girlfirend of the roommate of my ex-boyfriend!!! I couldn't BELIEVE it! I hadn't seen her in over 7 months. She thru-hiked in '97, and went back to Trail Days in '98. My ex hiked in '98 and went through Demascus during Trail Days, and they exchanged phone numbers, since they were both from Boulder. Then, when my ex got back from his hike, he and Broken Arrow went backpacking together, at which time she got to meet his roommate, and they hit it off and have been togther ever since. SO, my ex-b-friend is the one who inspired me to do the trail, and she's going to make sure that he "finds out" that I'm still going.  ;) How bizarre! "It's a small world after all...."

Then, as if you cared, during the slide show (which I really enjoyed, I might add) I got a horrible migraine. I woke up with it still in full force yesterday morning, and spent all day yesterday in the hospital... which brings me to today.  :)

Kristen