[at-l] Hiking this weekend

We're off!  We both intend to skip work friday and hit the road and go down towards Hot Springs and up around Mt. Rogers and check out a little town called "Galax". A friend of ours has land for sale so.....we will take a peek see. We will day hike in the area. John likes to just "wing" it. So I have no idea where we will sleep or where we will exactly end up at!!!  That's part of the fun...grab the maps, jump in the truck and figure out the rest on the way!!

I can't wait!! I miss sleeping in my tent, snuggled in my bag on top of my therarest!

Where in that area do ya think we should hike this time????????????  We've done Mt. Rogers, Grayson ,Massie Gap. Been to Damascus......theres more but my recall has disappeared again.........

Any favorite sections of yours this time of year that are exceptional??? We can hike 8-12 miles. Round trip, that is.

Ideas anybody?????

Beth