[at-l] introducing

Hello---I've been a silent member of this group for a month or so, decided it
was time to say hello.  I have a long range goal of doing a thru hike in
2005---I know it seems a long way away but have to wait for the kiddoes to
graduate from high school.  Even with that long range plan I am so enjoying
all the information you all share, the excitement of hearing from those of
you who have done a thru hike, those of you planning one.  Thanks for the
sharing and I will probably just keep "listening" for quite awhile.  I do
live in Colorado and will over the next 4 years work into back packing for
the first time next summer and work into longer and longer hikes and
backpacking as we move closer to 2005.  Any suggestions as to places to
backpack in the northern Front Range area will be welcomed. My first little
goal  is to lose 30 lbs; just lost the first 10 of 40 on Weight Watchers this
past month.  With thru-hiking the AT in 2005 as my long range goal, losing
this weight and getting healthier in order to do that and have the most fun
possible is making this weight loss really important and  do-able.  That's
all folks, you may be glad I'm just listening for now........I tend to be
really long-winded. -----Signed, Vigipa