Re: [at-l] re: pooches

> Ya know, I am a big lover of men (NOT). In a shelter, a hiker has to

With all due respect KC, I see how you can compare dogs and humans.
Stop trying to change the issue through tactics that do not focus on the
issue at hand.

Kahley put it succinctly, it is being respectful of others. Some people
do not like dogs. Fact.
Are you going to purposely antagonize people?   A shelter set-up requires
all users to share it, to be nice to your fellow hikers.  Are you going
to tell me that if someone is adamantly opposed to your dog, if they are
fearful of it, if they just don't like the look of it, that you are going
to say a big "F U" and go in there anyways?  ARe you honestly trying to
tell me that men bother you as much as a dog bothers some? (I know your
politics, but I can't by that arguement as anything but straw womyn
tactics).

  If you honestly choose not to be aware of your fellow hikers, well I
hope you enjoy your hike. But an attitude of ME first (and toto, too),
well, does not make for a very fulfilling trip. Be it on the AT or in
life.

Mags... Not apologetic for carrying a Y chromosome...and know plenty of
jerks who are XX and XY.

ps.
>he shelters,,,be they two, four, or multi leggeded,,,I should
leave,,,KC"

KC, based on how much you seem to enjoy tweaking people just for fun,
that might not be a bad idea.  Most people want a wilderness experience,
not the Oxford Debating Society.