Re: [at-l] trailnames

At 03:58 PM 11/9/99 -0500, John and Bethany Garrett wrote:

Felix wrote............How
'bout...Skyler for you? And, hmmmm...let's go with Sponge for him. I
like those.

In the beginning....when we joined another list we gave ourselves those names to use to post to the list. Since then after being around the thruhiker community we realized the tradition and true meaning of a "trailname". So bestowing (is that a word?) one on ourselves didn't seem right or earned. Besides someone said Skyler is a boy's name and I'm definitely a girl!..clip..

<<<<
You are allowed (bad word, there are no 'rules' about it) to choose your own trailname. According to Roland Muesser's book it's a 50/50 split between given/chosen. Skyler is the name of the Professor's nephew in the "Shoe" cartoon strip but Skyler is a 'bird' so it is not entirely inappropriate for a girl.

Saunterer