[at-l] vermiculture

I know this is only related to hiking in that it is conservation and
composting related, but, are any of you guys into vermiculture?  FYI, that
is the term used for "growing dirt" (composting) by using worms.  I started
doing this about 3 years ago and it makes the most wonderful dirt for your
yard, garden, plants, etc. that you have ever seen.  I bring it up now
because the special composting woms used for this just love pumpkins and
there is an abundance of unused pumpkins around after halloween festivities.
Once you get a starter batch of the "red wigglers" they are very easy to
keep and multiply like crazy when they have enough food and a good damp,
dark environment that you can keep between about 55-95 degrees.

I'm not selling worms, so don't think I'm promoting something commercial
here.  BTW, the composting worms are not good for fishing.  Check out
"vermiculture" or just "worms" on your web browser and see if it is a good
way for you to dispose of your table scraps and "grow dirt" at the same
time.