[at-l] Hi Honey. I'm home!

After an eight month hiatus, it's great to be back on the list.

It was approximately one year ago that I decided to hike the AT this year
and on September 29, I finished my 6 1/2 month hike with a climb up Katahdin
in 30 mph blowing fog and mist.  I prepared for the trip in good measure by
listening to a lot of banter going on around this electronic campfire (or
should that just be e-campfire?).

It was a great trip though difficult to sum up in a few short words.  I met
wonderful people, both on the trail and off.  Hiked alone.  Hiked with
friends.  Ate.  Ate a lot.  Ate even more.  Forgot to buy shares of Ben and
Jerry's or else I could be retired now instead of back at my old job.  ;-)
Hiked in snow, rain, drought, and flood (or should that be Floyd?).  Mostly
hiked in wonderful weather (resulting in the drought).  I was continuously
inspired by nature.  The vast views through the trees in the spring and
above treeline later on.  The tiny little toads frantically trying to hop
out of danger's way along the trail in front of us.  The power of rain that
can turn an ankle high ford, barely requiring the removal of boots, to a
raging whitewater torrent higher than our heads.

Thanks to all those list members who helped inspire and support me
throughout the hike.

I guess my current challenge will be to try to stay afloat of the current
messages flooding my inbox.  Bring it on.

Mara
aka Stitches AT99